BURNT RANCH SCHOOL DISTRICT
P. O. Box 39
(251 Burnt Ranch School Road)
Burnt Ranch CA 95527
8th Grade Advisor Position
General Responsibilities: The class advisor works with students and class officers in the assigned grade to develop leadership skills, to schedule appropriate activities, and to maintain appropriate records of meetings, income and expenditures.
The activity advisor facilitates development of participating students to fulfill the goals of the activity, schedules practices and attendance at competitions, coordinates publicity and student recognition, maintains equipment necessary for the activity, supervises volunteers assisting with the activity, and oversees budgeting for the activity.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
· The advisor fosters a sense of leadership and participation among students;
· Facilitates student preparation of agendas for each student meeting;
· Facilitates student preparations for planned activities (publicity, decorations, etc.)
· Hold Monthly parent meetings
· Helps students to develop a Quarterly Calendar of activities, events
· and fund-raisers for the year, and reviews the schedule for approval with the school principal.
· Obtains approval in accordance with board policy for any fundraising activities or solicitation of funds
· Establishes a budget for use during the year and provides appropriate accounting for expenditures and receipts, including: Deposits made immediately after events; Projection sheet for events (pre and then post); timely Check requests
· Personally chaperones or arranges for another teacher to chaperone each activity or event sponsored by the class or group
· Ensures that participating students follow school and activity rules and regulations;
· Understand BRS policies and procedures
· Monitor gpa and behavior requirements necessary for participation on school trip
Qualifications : All class and activity advisors must possess:
· High school diploma;
· Background, fingerprint and TB clearance
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and work well with others.
Attributes: The advisor must demonstrate the following attributes:
· Helpful, calm, friendly, and polite manner when interacting with students, parents and school staff;
· Ability to make reasoned decisions;
· Appropriate discretion concerning students, staff, and confidential information.
Application Procedure: Applications are available at the Burnt Ranch School Office or click on the link at the bottom of this page. The application deadline is Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 5 pm. Applications must provide three references, along with the application, to Burnt Ranch School District, PO Box 39, Burnt Ranch, CA 95527.
Burnt Ranch School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer